Welcome to Ransom & Randolph
At Ransom & Randolph (R&R), Investing with Innovation™ is more than just a slogan, it’s a way of life.
Dedicated to advancing the investment casting industry, we take pride in providing foundries with extensive process knowledge, exceptional technical expertise and innovative product technology. By coupling our revolutionary product developments with our experienced staff, manufacturing and warehousing facilities, we successfully help you become a casting industry leader. Committed to partnering directly with you to identify your process hurdles, casting objectives and company goals, our team consults with you to customize a precise solution tailored specifically to fit your foundry’s needs.
NEW! SuspendaSlurry® ZR material
We are pleased to introduce SuspendaSlurry® ZR material for ferrous metal casting. Formulated with 100% zircon refractory flour, SUSPENDASLURRY ZR material provides industrial casters with a pre-made slurry that does not require continuous mixing.
- Developed to eliminate costs associated with continuous mixing and slurries lost to electrical failure
- Simplifies the initial mixing process by eliminating the need to weigh and mix binder and refractory components
- Based on R&R’s leading primary binder technology, offers benefits over standard colloidal silica shells: such as stronger layers; reduced buckling, lifting or cracking defects; and simplified slurry maintenance
- SUSPENDASLURRY ZR material is available in 100 and 600 pound slurries
Learn More: Product Data Sheet | Application Instructions | Press Release
FAQs for Using SUSPENDASLURRY Materials
At R&R, we recognize how important your time is. That's why we want you to be able to locate the information and assistance you need in a timely manner.
We are pleased to offer you access to our SUSPENDASLURRY materials FAQs. With quick and easy accessibility, the answers you need are right at your fingertips.
If you do not find an answer to your technical question, ask R&R's Ceramic Shell Technical Support.
R&R Casting Connection
Your Link to Investment Casting News from Ransom & Randolph
Inside this Issue:
- Ferrous Casting Simplified: We are pleased to introduce SuspendaSlurry® ZR material for ferrous metal casting.
- PKI Kiln Korner: Temperature uniformity in the burnout & preheat furnace
- Core Materials Success Story: Who’s using core materials and how effective are they? Let’s take a look at a success story.
- BINDZIL® Colloidal Silica Gets Rebranded: On June 1, 2016, AkzoNobel consolidated all their colloidal silica product lines under a single brand name: Levasil® colloidal silica.
- Visit Us at ICI 2016: The ICI is hosting their 63rd Technical Conference and 2016 Product/Literature Expo in Columbus, OH from October 16th - 19th, 2016.
- Build A Consistent Shell: R&R recommends adhering to the following technical tips for building a consistent shell in your foundry.
- Battle Bacteria with Grotan: Bacteria growth in a slurry can be detrimental to both the performance and life of a water based slurry.
Read this Issue
Interested in receiving future issues of Casting Connection via email?
Let us know! Send an email to: Alisa.Rawski@dentsply.com